I’ve never been nominated for anything in my whole life…I did have to think about it just then, but yeah, that’s totally a true statement! So I was super surprised to be nominated for the Liebster Award by Jen over at Blush and Fuss! Thanks Jen!
If you’ve never heard of the Liebster Award (I hadn’t either…shhhh.), it is basically an award given to promote other bloggers in hopes of making new friends within the community and maybe, in turn, bring in some new readers.
I think this is awesome, and was totally flattered to know that I had readers out there who wanted to know more about me *blush*.
Anyway, this is how it all works:
- You must link back to the person who nominated you.
- You must answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you.
- You pick 11 nominees to answer your questions.
- You cannot nominate the person who nominated you. (This keeps the wheel in motion.)
- You must let the nominees know that they’ve been nominated by you. (How else will they know, duh?!)
Here is what Jen wants to know:
- When did you first start wearing makeup?
I think I started wearing mascara when I was like 13 or so…much to my Mother’s dismay. By the time I was in college I was over it and just found it easier not to wear anything. Over the last 4 years (I’m 32 now *gasp*) or so I’ve gotten back into it.
- How did you choose your blog name?
I really like G. Love & Special Sauce and one of his songs is called Baby’s Got Sauce. It’s one of my favorite songs. It speaks to me, ya know 🙂 Plus, I feel like I am a bit of a saucey mama – hence the name!
- Any pets?
Yup. A 12 year old chocolate lab named Karma Rae, and we just recently lost our 15 year old dalmatian named Kali – we miss her loads 🙁
- What is your favorite product?
Can a true beauty junkie really narrow it down to just ONE!? I guess I can narrow it down to one type of product – Cleansing Balms. Ever since I discovered cleansing balms, my skin has never been the same!
- What is your skincare routine?
In the morning, I use a Cleansing Balm with a wash cloth which I follow up with Ole Henriksen Truth Serum, Clinique All About Eyes, Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15, and Nivea Lip Balm. In the evening, I use Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash and follow with Ren Bio Retinoid Anti-Ageing Concentrate, Origins Starting Over eye cream, and Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment. I also always use a good thick body butter at night to combat the dry scalies!
- What would you buy with $500 just for makeup?
Oh my gosh…SOOOOO many things! I guess $500 really doesn’t go very far in the high end makeup world, but just a few items on my wish list are: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Exposed, M.A.C. Lipstick in Crosswires and See Shear, Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Colour in No 20, Stella by Stella McCartney (the biggun – LOVE this scent), Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler (these things are always sold out – must be amazing), GLAMGLOW YOUTHMUD™ TINGLEXFOLIATE TREATMENT, and Laura Mercier Creme Brulee Honey Bath. And those things only total about $350!
- What are your other hobbies aside from makeup?
I like to snowboard, cook, go to see live music, and oddly – needlepoint! I have many layers…
- Favorite kind of candy?
I LOVE Lindt chocolate, especially the kind with raspberry inside, but I recently was introduced to Divine 38% Milk Chocolate with Toffee & Sea Salt…there are no words!
- What style of makeup do you feel most confident in?
I tend to feel sexy and confident in a smokey eye with little to no base and a pinky nude lip.
- Where is your dream honeymoon?
I’m married and we did not have our dream honeymoon, but one day we plan to renew our vows and go to Grand Cayman for a second honeymoon. There is something so sexy about the idea of renting a romantic beach cottage and sleeping with the windows open listening to the waves.
- What goal would you like to have accomplished by the end of the year?
By the end of the year, I hope to have sold my current home and have moved to our dream “forever” location.
Enough about me, how about you guys tell me a little about yourselves! I’d like to keep the warm fuzzies going by nominating these lovely ladies for the Liebster Award:
- Megan from Greetings from Texas
- Meg from Rivers and Roads
- Melissa from For the Love
- Megan from Growing Up is Actually Kind of Fun
- Vickie from Vickie Loves
- Danielle from See, Shop, Love!
- Tabitha from Kiss on the Chic
- Hillary from By Hillary
- Kelley from Positivity Health Happiness
- Sammi from College Beauty Buff
- Natalie from The Natalie Diaries
Thanks ladies for the bedtime reading material! I’d love to know more, so if you’d like to play along, here are a few questions for you to answer:
- What made you want to start a blog?
- If you were given a shopping spree, in what store would you choose to use it?
- Do you wear makeup everyday, or just on special occasions?
- Who is your favorite band/singer/musician?
- What is the one thing, no matter how crap your day was, that can make you smile?
- Are you a tech junkie, or just a tech user?
- If you were a lip product, what product and color would you be? (lipstick, gloss, balm…)
- What is your favorite type of blog post to read/write?
- What is your go to type of outfit?
- Do you have a favorite meal to cook?
- Are you a glass half full, or glass half empty person?